Networking and IP Telephony Engineer
Based in Galway City, Ireland
You will be working in a team of passionate Network and IP telephony engineers who are responsible Network infrastructure and Telephony Solutions. We are collaborating with a wide range of global Architecture, Engineering, Cloud, Database and Operational teams on producing steadfast implementations to drive change and improvements for our Customers
We are looking for a Network Field Engineer. Solid experience in network infrastructure is distinct advantage. You will be responsible for designing, building and running network solutions. Based in Galway, we cover the globe, but primarily Ireland, travel is required on an as needed basis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain and support a large number of network devices both onsite and remotely
- Working across teams and groups to encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing,
- Remain current on industry standard best practices.
- Provide highest level of support to all customers both internally and externally.
- Work with an effective team of networking professionals and systems engineers to meet team goals.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Provide end support to our Managed Service customers
- Assist with escalations from the wider Service Desk
- Dealing with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Proven experience in designing, deploying, managing and supporting network services and devices
- Experience within a network environment.
- Experience with virtual networking technologies and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of each layer of the OSI model, including packet structure.
- Experience with network security firewalls and inspection techniques.
- Experience with VPN/tunnelling technologies and SSL client VPN’s.
- Knowledge of ALU voice and data products preferable but not essential
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates a passion for customers and delivering excellent customer service
- Embraces continual change and process improvement
- Has a natural aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting
- Can express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Works well alone and as part of a team
- Proactively keeps up to date with technologies
Full time Position
Company vehicle provided